Matera’s exceptional safety record of 150,000+ incident free hours and can-do attitude impressed leading oil & gas producer Woodside so much, that a minor contract in 2015 has grown to encompass electrical installations in hazardous areas across all operational areas of the KGP and Pluto LNG projects.
Apart from being Woodside’s go-to-team for trouble-shooting and technical analysis of electrical installations in hazardous areas, we are also involved in conducting thermographic imaging of switchboards and electrical apparatus, undertaking minor repairs to electrical installations, undertaking upgrades to existing electrical installations, and providing electrical officers to manage HV and LV electrical isolations for third party contractors on behalf of Woodside.
- Carrying out detailed EEHA inspections on all electrical equipment, positioners and transmitters with a sound understanding of Ex techniques and zone classification.
- The inspection of electrical equipment in hazardous areas applies to all Ex certified fixed and portable electrical equipment in hazardous areas.
- Testing the technical requirements for Ex inspections of Electrical, Instrumentation and Communication equipment installed, or used, in hazardous areas located on facilities operated by Woodside.
- Maintain the integrity of Ex rated electrical equipment in hazardous areas by upgrading to latest standard when non-compliant apparatus is found
- Terminate cables and accessories for low voltage circuits
- Thermographic imaging of electrical installations and apparatus throughout hazardous areas in a live gas plant
- Review drawings, schedules, standards, codes and specifications for including Motor Control Centre’s (MCC’s), Electrical / Control distribution boards and Electrical equipment installed in a hazardous area
- Document and apply site specific control measures to manage risks with electrical equipment in explosive atmospheres and maintaining a schedule for continuous inspection of equipment as necessary
- Apply Woodside’s permitting requirements, health, safety, environmental and quality processes and procedures in the workplace.
- Proactive maintenance